Douglas W. Salvesen
One Washington Mall, 11th Floor Boston, Massachusetts 02108-2603
Tel. (617) 723-6900
Fax. (617) 723-6905
Upon being admitted to the bar, Doug joined Choate, Hall & Stewart in Boston, where he developed a broad federal and state court litigation practice representing businesses and individuals in various disputes. In 1994, Doug became associated with Todd & Weld. He joined Yurko, Salvesen & Remz two years later. In all aspects of his practice, Doug seeks to develop with his clients a creative, cost-effective litigation strategy to resolve their disputes. Doug is a trial attorney who has successfully represented clients in contract, business and other commercial litigation, bankruptcy proceedings, employment law matters, copyright claims, and ERISA claims. He has tried a number of jury and non-jury cases to conclusion and has extensive appellate experience.
Articles & Publications
- Appeals Court Casts Aside Side Agreement, REBA News, January 2013
- Supreme Court to hear separation of powers issue within title insurance kickback case, REBA News, October 2011
- Author of Massachusetts chapter in three volume compendium, Insurance & Tort Desk Reference Book, 1993
- The Mandatory Pro Bono Service Dilemma: A Way Out of the Thicket, 82 Massachusetts Law Review 197, June 1997
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1987, magna cum laude
- G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar. Editor, of the Boston University Law Review.
- Yale College, B.A., 1981
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent™
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers®, 2005-present
- 2001 William J. Ledoux Award, Massachusetts Clients Security Board of the Supreme Judicial Court in recognition of outstanding representation of claimants before the Board.
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Lawyer of the Year 2001. Recognized as one of ten outstanding Massachusetts lawyers in connection with decision in Massachusetts Conveyancers’ Association, Inc., et al. v. Colonial Title & Escrow, Inc., et al.
- Co-Chair, Litigation Committee, Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts (REBA)
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association; Access to Justice Section - Section Chair, 1997 - 1998
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Frank J. Murray Inn of Court
- Advisor, Harvard Trial Advocacy Program at Harvard Law School, 1988-present
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Correctional Legal Services, Inc., 1991-2005; Chairman of Board, 2001-2003